Quick Search
Search LML
   Helpful Links...
Landlord Insurance
Landlords Insurance
Motorbike Insurance
Motorbike Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance
Van Insurance
Mortgage Insurance
Indemnity Insurance
Tenant Insurance

Point 6

The premiums you pay for rent insurance are treated as tax deductible expenses by HM Revenue & Customs. So you can deduct them from your income when working out how much tax you owe. You can get more information by reading the notes and supplementary pages to the Land & Property self-assessment pages at www.hmrc.gov.uk. As with all insurance you do need to check the terms carefully when you start a policy – if you don’t follow the rules to the letter otherwise valid claims can be refused. One crucial fact is to make sure you rent out your properties using proper tenancy agreements. Download the free leaflet: Assured and Assured Shorthold Tenancies; A Guide For Landlords, from the Government’s www.communities.gov.uk website.